Professional Issues for Primary Teachers by SAGE Publications Inc (Paperback, 2004)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $49.78Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by buyitnowbooksoz2010
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $7.99Free postage
- Good condition
- Sold by sunrisebookshop
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book deals with the key professional issues faced by students on teacher training courses and practising primary teachers. The authors set out the nature of primary education in England and the professional demands made on primary school teachers by parents, the children themselves, government agencies, society and the profession. Written by Primary PGCE tutors, practising primary teachers, headteachers, and practitioners doing educational research, each chapter offers practical suggestions and in-depth discussion of essential topics including: } the school environment } teachers' values and professional practice in primary schools } primary School Teachers and the Law } parents' rights and roles in primary education } special educational needs in mainstream schools } provision in primary schools for gifted and talented pupils } education for a multi-cultural society } spiritual and moral development, and Citizenship Education This book is important reading for trainee primary teachers following any initial training route; for NQTs and for practising teachers.
- Author BiographyAnn Browne is teaching fellow at the University of East Anglia and a consultant Derek Haylock is an education consultant and writer in the field of mathematics education. He is a Senior Fellow in Education at the University of East Anglia, Norwich, where he worked for over 30 years in primary teacher training and in education research. He is a major author in education, with a large number of published books and chapters in books. His best-selling Mathematics Explained for Primary Teachers (Sage) has been the leader in the field for many years, with a fourth edition published in 2010. Derek's work is characterized by a commitment to explain mathematics in simple and accessible ways and to enable the subject to be taught and learnt with understanding and confidence. He is married, with two grown-up daughters and three grandsons. Outside of mathematics, he is a Free Church elder, plays the trumpet, and is passionate about classical music, cricket, walking (quickly) and cycling (slowly). Derek Haylock has a website at: http://derek-haylock.blogspot.com/
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication01/04/2004
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Weight499 g
- Width170 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byDerek Haylock,Dr. Ann C. Browne
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.07
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $35.05
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.