All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $72.68
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $98.73
- AU $36.78Trending at AU $37.91
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.33
- AU $33.33Trending at AU $36.03
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.03
- AU $25.01Trending at AU $27.16
About this product
- DescriptionEducational quality is at the center of debates worldwide. In all these debates, teachers are considered as the critical actors determining to a large extent the quality of our educational systems. At the same time, doubts are expressed related to teachers' quality as well as to the education or training of teachers. In this context, policy debates underline the need for excellent teachers and excellent teacher education. This book presents a model for teachers' professional development together with the three central themes: (1) professionalism of teacher educators, (2) professional development of (student) teachers, and (3) (student) teacher practices. The different chapters in this book discuss these themes in detail. Urgent issues that address practitioners, teacher educators, and researchers are discussed throughout the chapters and general research challenges for teacher education researchers are put forward in the epilogue of this book.
- Author BiographyBRAM DE WEVER is researching technology enhanced learning and instruction, peer assessment and feedback, and inquiry learning. He teaches Powerful learning environments in the Specific Teacher Training Programme at Ghent University (STTP@UGent). He is also associated with the Department of Educational Studies at Ghent University in Belgium. RUBEN VANDERLINDE'S research interests are in the field of educational innovation, teacher training and professionalization, and the integration of ICT in education. He teaches Teaching Methodology at and is the chairman of the STTP@UGent. He is also associated with the Department of Educational Studies at Ghent University in Belgium. MELISSA TUYTENS' research interests are situated in the field of personnel policy within schools, school leadership and school policy. She holds a teacher assignment in the STTP@UGent and is also associated with the Department of Educational Studies at Ghent University in Belgium. ANTONIA AELTERMAN is the former chairman of the STTP@UGent, retiring on October 2013. She is still involved in quality assurance and research in the field teacher training. She was chair of the ISATT-conference in Ghent University in July 201 and also associated with the Department of Educational Studies at Ghent University in Belgium.
- PublisherAcademia Press
- Date of Publication13/07/2016
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Country of PublicationBelgium
- ImprintAcademia Press
- Weight454 g
- Width152 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byAntonia Aelterma,Bram De Wever,Melissa Tuytens,Ruben Vanderlinde
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.