Consider these sponsored items
- AU $42.08Was:AU $51.99Free postage
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionProfessional Sheet Metal Fabrication is the number-one resource for sheet metal workers old and new. Professional metalworker Ed Barrtakes hobbyists and professionals further than ever before, demonstrating the newest tools and techniques for sheet metal fabrication. Professional Sheet Metal Fabrication is the number-one resource for sheet metal workers old and new. Join veteran metalworker Ed Barr as he walks you through the ins and outs of planning a sheet metal project, acquiring the necessary tools and resources, doing the work, and adding the perfect finishing touches for a seamless final product. From his workshop at McPherson College-home of the only genuine sheet metal fabrication education program in the country-Barr t only demonstrates how the latest tools and products work, but also explains why sheet metal reacts the way it does to a wide variety of processes. He includes clear directions for using power and pneumatic hammers and the English wheel, as well as describing specific skills like hand-forming techniques, buck building, louver punching, edge finishing, and more. Readers will learn how to form door seams and to make fenders, hoods, and other body parts; they'll also learn how to put various finishes on metal through engine turning, metal chasing, and laser processing. This is truly the most detailed enthusiast-focused sheet metal how-to book on the market: whether you're a metal hobbyist or experienced professional, you're sure to find something new in Professional Sheet Metal Fabrication.
- Author BiographyED BARR grew up in Tyler, Texas. He received a BA from the University of the South in Sewanee, Tennessee, and an MA from the University of Kansas. After graduate school, he began a career in art museum administration. Between 1999 and 2005, Barr served first as the assistant to the director and then as the director of the Mulvane Art Museum at Washburn University in Topeka, Kansas. In addition to his museum duties, he taught several art history and museum studies courses at Washburn. Barr earned a BS in automotive restoration technology from McPherson College in 2007. He then worked at Vintage Restorations Ltd. in Union Bridge, Maryland, where he restored British cars. In February 2010, Barr joined the McPherson College faculty. He currently teaches sheet metal restoration and the history of automotive design.
- Author(s)Ed Barr
- PublisherMotorbooks International
- Date of Publication05/04/2013
- SubjectVehicle Maintenance & Manuals
- Place of PublicationWisconsin
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMotorbooks International
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1157 g
- Width210 mm
- Height270 mm
- Spine20 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $44.08Trending at AU $51.53
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $32.83
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $21.72
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.