Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $5.72Trending at AU $8.52
- AU $70.49Trending at AU $79.52
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.81Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $17.56Trending at AU $22.92
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.38
About this product
- DescriptionLearning medical professionalism is a challenging, evolving, and life-long endeavor. Professionalism in Medicine: A Case-Based Guide for Medical Students helps begin this process by engaging students and their teachers in reflection on cases that resonate with the experiences of life in medicine. Through the book's seventy-two cases, commentaries, videos, and literature-based reviews, students explore the many challenging areas of medical professionalism. Readers will appreciate the provocative professionalism dilemmas encountered by students from the pre-clinical years and clinical rotations and by physicians of various specialities. Each case is followed by two commentaries by writers who are involved in health care decisions related to that case, and who represent a wide variety of perspectives. Authors represent 46 medical schools and other institutions and include physicians, medical students, medical ethicists, lawyers, psychologists, nurses, social workers, pharmacists, health care administrators, and patient advocates.
- Author BiographyJohn Spandorfer, M.D., is an Associate Professor of Medicine, an Assistant Dean for Student Affairs at Jefferson Medical College and a Fellow in the American College of Physicians. Charles A. Pohl, M.D., is a Professor of Pediatrics, an Associate Dean for Student Affairs at Jefferson Medical College and a Fellow in the American Academy of Pediatrics. Susan L. Rattner, M.D., is a Professor of Medicine and Family and Community Medicine, a Senior Associate Dean for Academic Affairs/UME at Jefferson Medical College and a Fellow in the American College of Physicians. Thomas J. Nasca, M.D., is a Professor of Medicine and Master in the American College of Physicians.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication30/09/2009
- SubjectMedicine: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note3 b/w illus. 3 tables
- Weight1050 g
- Width215 mm
- Height253 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Edited byCharles A. Pohl,John Spandorfer,Susan Lee Rattner,Thomas J. Nasca
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.