All listings for this product
Best-selling in Cook Books
Save on Cook Books
- AU $41.24Trending at AU $41.87
- AU $32.57Trending at AU $33.49
- AU $28.94Trending at AU $29.54
- AU $29.50Trending at AU $34.08
- AU $45.19Trending at AU $48.83
- AU $28.80Trending at AU $32.70
- AU $8.65Trending at AU $12.51
About this product
- DescriptionOne of the world's most sublime drinking pleasures, the Zombie is the cocktail that launched a thousand Tiki bars. A sweet and sour melange of citrus, spice, and lots of rum, the Zombie stands as one of the most significant cocktails of the past century. Created by Don the Beachcomber in 1934, the Zombie took the world by storm, and soon became the quintessential Tiki drink. Eventually, it would appear on the menus of thousands of bars and restaurants around the world. In Zombie Horde, David J. Montgomery (aka Professor Cocktail) leads you on a journey through the history of the Zombie, starting with its humble beginnings in Hollywood, and following it as it evolved and spread over the decades. Zombie Horde includes recipes from table bartenders like Trader Vic, David Embury, Salvatore Calabrese, and Dale DeGroff, as well as the formulas for the Zombies served at famous Tiki joints like the Tonga Room in San Francisco, Frankie's Tiki Room in Las Vegas, and the Luau Room in San Diego. It also includes recent cocktails that were inspired by the Zombie, with offerings from Martin Cate (Smuggler's Cove), Brian Miller (Death & Company), Allan Katz (Cana Rum Bar), Brian Dressel (Midnight Cowboy), and Audrey Saunders (Pegu Club). As a special bonus, Zombie Horde showcases seven new drinks -- from Jim Meehan (PDT), Tom Brown (Hogo), Jeff Kinder (Distil), Joseph Swifka (La Descarga), Craig Lane (Bar Agricole), Jack Fetterman (PKNY), and Frank Cisneros (Bourgeois Pig Brooklyn) -- that are appearing in print for the first time. Also making their print debut are the recipes for the Zombies served at Mahiki in London, Otto's Shrunken Head in New York City, and Founding Farmers in Washington, D.C.
- Author BiographyDavid J. Montgomery combines his knowledge of history and alcohol into one potent libation of love through his work at ProfessorCocktail.com. He is also a nationally renowned book critic and commentator on writing and the publishing industry. Mr. Montgomery is an emeritus columnist for the Chicago Sun-Times and The Daily Beast, and has written for USA Today, The Washington Post, Philadelphia Inquirer, and other fine publications. His ebook, Professor Cocktail's Zombie Horde: Recipes for the World's Most Lethal Drink, was the #1 best-selling bartending book on Amazon. A former Professor of History, Mr. Montgomery lives in the Washington, D.C. suburbs with his wife and two daughters.
- Author(s)David J Montgomery
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication02/12/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectOther Beverages
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight147 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.