All listings for this product
Save on Other
- AU $34.92Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $17.99Trending at AU $21.34
- AU $19.93Trending at AU $30.33
- AU $5.61Trending at AU $8.02
- AU $34.61Trending at AU $49.85
About this product
- DescriptionChildren and adults with profound and multiple learning disabilities (PMLD) are among the most marginalised people in society. They have some of the highest support needs and are most reliant on services. This accessible text presents and promotes current best practice regarding interventions to meet the complex health needs of a person with profound & multiple learning disabilities. Practical in focus, this text provides evidence-based guidance on meeting the complex needs of a person with PMLD. The text presents a range of complex health needs that a practitioner may face, such as communication, nutrition, epilepsy, vision and mobility. Each practice-focused chapter provides clear definitions of the condition, with current evidence-based best-practice supporting the intervention. Written by a team of professionals who have wide experience and interest in this subject area, this text will be invaluable for all those working with, and caring for those with profound and multiple learning disabilities.
- Author BiographyJillian Pawlyn is a Lecturer/Practitioner at the Ridgeway Partnership (Oxfordshire Learning Disability NHS Trust) & Oxford Brookes University. Steven Carnaby is Consultant Lead Clinical Psychologist at Westminster Learning Disability Partnership, and Honorary Lecturer in Learning Disability at the Tizard Centre, University of Kent.
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication05/12/2008
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Place of PublicationChicester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWiley-Blackwell (an imprint of John Wiley & Sons Ltd)
- Content Note32 illustrations
- Weight822 g
- Width178 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byJillian Pawlyn,Steven Carnaby
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.