Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $93.26
- AU $28.71Trending at AU $30.90
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $34.29Trending at AU $38.77
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
About this product
- DescriptionPraised by instructors and students alike, PROGRAM EVALUATION: AN INTRODUCTION, International Edition helps your students evaluate services and programs that they will encounter in their professional practice. In the process of learning evaluation techniques and skills, students will become proficient at critically analyzing evaluation studies conducted by others. The authors present and simplify all the essentials needed for a critical appreciation of evaluation issues and methodology. The authors' clear writing style and clear presentation of concepts, as well as the text's hands-on and applied focus, will guide students on how to gather evidence and demonstrate that their interventions and programs are effective in improving clients' lives.
- Author BiographyDavid Royse is a professor in the College of Social Work at the University of Kentucky. He earned his Ph.D. from Ohio State University in 1980. He has written several books, including two for Cengage Learning: RESEARCH METHODS IN SOCIAL WORK, Sixth Edition, and PROGRAM EVALUATION: AN INTRODUCTION TO AN EVIDENCE-BASED APPROACH, Sixth Edition. Deborah K. Padgett, Ph.D., MPH, is a professor at the New York University School of Social Work. She received her doctorate in urban anthropology in 1979 and completed post-doctoral programs in mental health services research at Columbia University School of Public Health (1985-86) and Duke University Department of Psychiatry (1994-95). Dr. Padgett's research interests include breast cancer screening and follow-up care for medically underserved women and qualitative studies of the 'process' of care for psychiatrically disabled homeless adults. Dr. Logan has a Ph.D. in applied psychology and is currently an Associate Professor in the Department of Behavioral Science at the University of Kentucky with appointments in the Department of Psychiatry and the Center on Drug and Alcohol Research. Dr. Logan has been funded by the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA) to examine HIV risk behavior, victimization, and drug use among crack users and by the National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism (NIAAA) to study alcohol, violence, mental health and health status and utilization among rural and urban women with protective orders. Bruce A. Thyer, Ph.D., is Dean and Professor, School of Social Work, Florida State University. He earned his Ph.D. in Social Work and Psychology from the University of Michigan in 1982. Recipient of a National Institute of Mental Health Faculty Scholar Award, Dr. Thyer has published extensively on social work practice, research, and evaluation.
- Author(s)Bruce A. Thyer,David Royse,Deborah Padgett,T. K. Logan
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication15/03/2009
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationBelmont, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWadsworth Publishing Co Inc
- Weight545 g
- Width160 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Edition StatementInternational ed of 5th revised ed
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.