All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $169.05
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.86
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
- AU $49.82Trending at AU $52.07
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.93
About this product
- DescriptionProgram the Internet of Things with Swift and iOS is a detailed tutorial that will teach you how to build apps using Apple's native APIs for the Internet of Things, including the Apple Watch, HomeKit, and Apple Pay. This is the second book by Ahmed Bakir (author of Beginning iOS Media App Development) and his team at devAtelier LLC, who have been involved in developing over 20 mobile projects. Written like a code review, this book presents a detailed how and why for each topic, explaining Apple-specific design patterns as they come up and pulling lessons from other popular apps. To help you getting up and running quickly, each chapter is framed within a working project, allowing you to use the sample code directly in your apps. The Internet of Things is t limited to Apple devices alone, so this book also explains how to interface with popular third-party hardware devices, such as the Fitbit and Raspberry Pi, and generic interfaces, like Restful API's and HTTPS. The Internet of Things is waiting - be a part of it!
- Author BiographyAhmed Bakir is the founder and lead developer at devAtelier LLC (www.devatelier.com), a San Diego-based mobile development firm. After spending several years writing software for embedded systems, he started developing apps out of coffee shops for fun. Once the word got out, he began taking on clients and quit his day job to work on apps full time. Since then, he has been involved in the development of over 20 mobile projects, and has seen several enter the top 25 of the App Store, including one that reached number one in its category (Video Scheduler). His clients have ranged from scrappy startups to large corporations, such as Citrix. In his downtime, Ahmed can be found on the road, exploring new places, speaking about mobile development, and still working out of coffee shops.
- Author(s)Ahmed Bakir,Gheorghe Chesler,Manny de la Torriente
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication03/12/2015
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- Content Note229 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight986 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine27 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.