All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.53Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.33
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.77
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.09
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.00
- AU $41.65Trending at AU $44.79
- AU $46.32Trending at AU $48.00
About this product
- DescriptionProgramme Making for Radio offers trainee radio broadcasters and their instructors focused practical guidelines to the professional techniques applied to the making of radio shows, explaining how specific radio programmes are made and the conventions and techniques required to produce them. This book describes how and why these methods are applied through the use of a behind-the-scenes glimpse at working practices and procedures used in the industry. It considers the constraints and incentives that limit or stimulate creativity and invation within programme production. Programme Making for Radio examines the individual roles and responsibilities of the whole production team and the importance of team-working skills. Chapters focus on the specific requirements of specialist programmes and offer advice from a range of programme makers working in local and national broadcasting. There is a case study example that follows the progress of a feature programme from pitching the original idea, through assembling material to final transmission. Programme Making for Radio includes: * a clear description of the role of each member of the programme making team, their duties and responsibilities * practical tips on interviewing, mixing and presenting * explanations of the key elements that make up a radio programme such as clips, wraps, packages, features and interviews with a full glossary of technical terms. This book is informative, accessible and comprehensive, covering the whole range of skills needed by the radio professional in the studio and on location.
- Author BiographyUniversity of Sunderland, UK
- Author(s)Jim Beaman
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication11/08/2006
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Series TitleMedia Skills
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note5 b/w tab.
- Weight356 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.