All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIf you have experience with C++ and DirectX and have always wanted to program your own game, this is the book for you. Programming a Multiplayer FPS in DirectX takes you from the basic game design to a fully functioning game! All of the source code, assets, and tools are included- you just work through the tutorial-based chapters and watch the game come to life as you develop it. And as new features are added, you can begin playing with them to see them in action. Following a typical game development process, the book is separated into two distinct parts: Part One focuses on the design and development of the game engine, and Part Two concentrates on putting the game together using the engine. The theory has been kept to a minimum, so that you are following a hands-on approach and adding new functionality to your engine as you proceed. In the first part, you'll learn about the many facets of DirectX, C++, and object-oriented programming. You'll also learn how to design the engine and put the infrastructure into place. The next chapters will each add a new module to your engine including input, scripting, 3D rendering, sound, networking, and scene management. The second part covers the final development stages, including everything from game play to player management; it culminates with the complete multiplayer FPS game. Throughout the book you'll learn key topics that will bring you up to speed with industry proven techniques, while improving your confidence as a developer. And because DirectX is the most prevalent game development tool available, once you master this project, you'll have the skills you need to create a variety of games!
- Author BiographyVaughan Young (Queensland, Australia) is an experienced C++ and DirectX programmer. His degree in IT is complemented by further studies in software development, focusing primarily on game development. Currently, he operates his own software development business, producing and managing software solutions. On the side he maintains his own Web site (www.coderedgames.com) dedicated to his passion for computer game development.
- Author(s)Vaughan Young
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication19/01/2005
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectComputer Games: Programming
- Place of PublicationHingham
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCharles River Media
- Out-of-print date29/12/2015
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight908 g
- Width187 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Contained items statementContains Paperback and CD-ROM
Save on Textbooks
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $38.34
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $59.37
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.71
- AU $30.26Trending at AU $32.66
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $11.31Trending at AU $14.92
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.