Programming .NET Web Services by Matthew MacDonald, Alex Ferrara (Paperback, 2002)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $61.22+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $24.23+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWeb services are poised to become a key techlogy for a wide range of Internet-enabled applications, spanning everything from straight B2B systems to mobile devices and proprietary in-house software. While there are several tools and platforms that can be used for building web services, developers are finding a powerful tool in Microsoft's .NET Framework and Visual Studio .NET. Designed from scratch to support the development of web services, the .NET Framework simplifies the process--programmers find that tasks that took an hour using the SOAP Toolkit take just minutes. Programming .NET Web Services is a comprehensive tutorial that teaches you the skills needed to develop web services hosted on the .NET platform. Written for experienced programmers, this book takes you beyond the obvious functionality of ASP.NET or Visual Studio .NET to give you a solid foundation in the building blocks of web services, and leads you step-by-step through the process of creating your own. Beginning with a close look at the underlying techlogies of web services, including the benefits and limitations, Programming .NET Web Services discusses the unique features of the .N ET Framework that make creating web services easier, including the Common Language Runtime (CLR) and the namespaces used in .NET programming. Filled with numerous code examples using the C# language, the book leads you through some of the more challenging issues of web services development, including the use of proxies, marshalling of complex data types, state management, security, performance tuning and cross-platform implementation. The book also covers: * Creating and publishing your first web service * The UDDI project, tModels and what they mean for web service publishers Securing web service applications Written for programmers who are familiar with the .NET Framework and interested in building industrial-strength web services, Programming .NET Web Services is full of practical information and good old-fashioned advice.
- Author BiographyAlex Ferrara is Chief Technology Officer at U-Inspire, a provider of on-line business training and motivational services, and head of Boston Technical, a consulting arm of U-Inspire that specializes in .NET application development. Matthew MacDonald is President of ProseTech, a software documentation consultancy, and a project manager at VoiceIQ (http://www.voiceiq.com/), a provider of software for interactive voice-enabled applications and services. Matthew is a co-author of the ASP.NET in a Nutshell (O'Reilly), and a contributor to the C SHARP in a Nutshell (O'Reilly) API reference.
- Author(s)Alex Ferrara,Matthew MacDonald
- PublisherO'Reilly Media, Inc, USA
- Date of Publication04/10/2002
- SubjectComputing: General
- Place of PublicationSebastopol
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintO'Reilly Media, Inc, USA
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight646 g
- Width180 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.16
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $27.12
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.