All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionProviding an easy introduction to the boundary element method, this book is ideal for any reader wishing to work in this field or use this method for the solution of engineering problems. From the beginning, the emphasis is on the implementation of the method into computer programs which can be used to solve real problems. The book covers two--andthree--dimensional linear and n--linear analysis in potential flow (heat flow and seepage) and static elasticity. Several computer programs are listed in the book and may be downloaded free of charge via the Internet. They include programs and subroutines for: aeo 2--D analysis of potential problems using the Trefftz method aeo 2--D and 3--D linear analysis of potential and static elasticity problems using isoparametric elements (single and multiple regions) aeo implementation of n--linear problems aeo coupling to finite elements The programs (written in FORTRAN 90) are well documented, and can be employed by the user to gain experience with the method through the solution of small test examples. Furthermore, readers may use them as a starting point for developing their own boundary element package. In addition, exercises are included in most chapters involving the use of the programs with answers given in an Appendix, and a number of interesting industrial applications in the areas of mechanical, civil and geotechnical engineering are presented.
- Author BiographyGERNOT BEER is Professor of Structural Analysis at the University of Technology Graz, Austria. He has worked in the area of numerical modelling for more than two decades and has done some pioneering work in the coupling of the FEM and BEM. He is the author of the BEFE program, still the only commercial software available which completely integrates both these methods. This is his second book on the topic.
- Author(s)Gernot Beer
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication16/03/2001
- SubjectComputing: General
- Place of PublicationChichester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight810 g
- Width172 mm
- Height243 mm
- Spine26 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.32
- AU $23.60Trending at AU $29.40
- AU $32.92Trending at AU $36.29
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $47.53
- AU $30.90Trending at AU $31.80
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $32.46
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $21.89
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.