All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.15
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.45
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.32
- AU $46.38Trending at AU $48.26
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.26
About this product
- DescriptionThe people have been using fungi since ancient times. On one hand fungi are responsible for causing plant and human diseases, while on the other hand they are beneficial to human kind. There have been tremendous biotechlogical advancement in the field of fungi in the last two decades. Various applications of the fungi include drugs, dyes, single-cell protein and growth promoters. Advancement in the field of molecular biology, proteomics and gemics have unravelled various doubts and provided new insights in the field of genetic improvement, transformations and phyllogenetic relationship of different genera and species. Fungi are t only involved in production of single-cell protein, wine and beer production and antioxidants but also used for bioremediation, growth promotion, as biosensors and fabrication of ceo-friendly silver and gold naparticles. Some ofthese issues have been addressed in the present book. The present boot is aimed to provide the readers with current trends in the field of Mycology in general and fungal biotechlogy in particular. The book would be of utmost importance to students, researchers and teachers of botany, mycology, microbiology, medical microbiology, fungal biotechlogy and natechlogy. The readers should find the book full of information and reader friendly. We are thankful to all the contributors for submission of their valuable manuscripts. MKR wishes to thank his students- Ravindra Ade, Avinash Ingle, Dnyaneshwar Rathod, Alka Yadav, Vaibhav Tiwari, Jayendra Kesharwani and Swapnil Gaikwad for help in editing and typesetting.
- Date of Publication19/11/2014
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Place of PublicationDordrecht
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- Content Notebiography
- Weight706 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Edited byMahendra Rai,University of Debrecen
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.