All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $17.45Trending at AU $19.79
- AU $44.07Trending at AU $51.53
About this product
- DescriptionDrawing on contemporary and historical case studies from Finland, Sweden and Norway, Progress or Perish highlights the roles that art, culture and academic research play alongside techlogy and ecomics as bearers of change, approaching the study of progress from the human level. By turning attention towards communities and the everyday social activities of individuals in their socio-cultural and microhistorical contexts, this volume links the idea of progress to the emancipation and empowerment of collectives. Multidisciplinary in nature, Progress or Perish brings together the work of leading scholars to explore the changes that individual and social agency can effect. It engages with the wider theoretical and methodological debates to be of key interest to sociologists, geographers and anthropologists, as well as those with interests in gender studies, cultural and environmental history, literary studies and political science.
- Author BiographyAini Linjakumpu is Lecturer of Politics in the Department of Social Studies at the University of Lapland, Finland and Sandra Wallenius-Korkalo is a researcher at the University of Lapland, Finland. Aini Linjakumpu, Sandra Wallenius-Korkalo, Marja Tuominen, Palvi Rantala, Petri Koikkalainen, Lars Elenius, Mirja Hiltunen, Riitta Kontio, Mervi Autti.
- Author(s)Ms Sandra Wallenius-Korkalo
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication28/08/2010
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAshgate Publishing Limited
- Content Noteincludes 7 b&w illustrations
- Weight522 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Edited byAini Linjakumpu
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.