All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn just two-and-a-half years, beginning in 1964, two unmanned and ten manned flights took place in the Gemini program. This program was the turning point in the space race with the USSR; from then on the Americans took the lead. Flights lasting two weeks, into the Van Allen Belt, the first extravehicular activities, rendezvous maneuvers and docking with other spacecraftall of this was achieved by Gemini, paving the way for the more demanding moon landing program. It was t all success, however. Like almost every significant undertaking, Project Gemini also had its dramas and tragedies. All Project Gemini missions are discussed, including details on allcraft and the astronauts involved. Superb color, archival images,cutaways and plans are also included.
- Author BiographyEugen Reichl works for the EADS aviation and aerospace company. He is a known expert on aerospace technology and has authored books and specialty articles on the topic.
- Author(s)Eugen Reichl
- PublisherSchiffer Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication15/02/2016
- SubjectOther Specific Technologies
- Place of PublicationAtglen
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSchiffer Publishing Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight608 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine20 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $70.50
- AU $32.48Trending at AU $37.71
- AU $28.53Trending at AU $29.22
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.32
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $39.61
- AU $11.25Trending at AU $14.70
- AU $25.62Trending at AU $32.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.