Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $24.09Trending at AU $28.32
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.35
About this product
- DescriptionThe bestselling first edition of this book broke new ground by focusing on the leadership aspects of project management rather than the technical. This radically revised edition is substantially reorganized, to introduce much new material and experience and bring the applications up to date. Project leaders w exist in many different types of organizations, and they and their projects extend far wider than the construction work where traditional project management began. This edition begins by explaining why the project way of working has been so widely and enthusiastically adopted, and provides new material on the role and key competences of project leaders in a wide range of different organizations. The authors provide invaluable guidance to senior managers struggling to create the context within which project work can thrive as well as be controlled. In this edition a section on 'Preparing the Ground' reflects their increased emphasis on getting projects off to the right start, with new insights into the scoping process designed to ensure all parties agree on objectives. It also demonstrates the importance of understanding the organizational and political factors involved if the project is to succeed in business terms. Part III shows how to handle the issues that arise at each stage of the project's life including a whole new section on the critical process of project team start up. The final section contains a thought-provoking 'action summary' and a guide to further sources of information and development. Project leadership and the project way of working has moved on. This book will provide both a conceptual framework and a set of practical tools for all those who find themselves permanently or occasionally in the project leader role, as well as an invaluable guide to setting up and maintaining project activity.
- Author BiographyWendy Briner's experience includes internal consultancy with Hewlett-Packard and a spell at Ashridge Management College. With Colin Hastings, she founded New Organisation Consulting, which combines teamworking, individual development and project-based work to help organizations to improve their performance. Colin Hastings is a co-founder of New Organisation Consulting. After nine years as a manager with the Delta Metal Group he joined the faculty of Ashridge Management College, subsequently starting the College's first consultancy unit. Michael Geddes is Executive Secretary of the Milton Keynes Economic Partnership, formed to promote strategic development in North Buckinghamshire. From 1984 to 1990 he was a Director of the Ashridge Trust, which included Ashridge Management College.
- Author(s)Colin Hastings,Michael Geddes,Wendy Briner
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication02/05/1996
- SubjectManagement Techniques: Professional
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintGower Publishing Ltd
- Out-of-print date28/09/2015
- Content Noteindex
- Weight346 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.