Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $8.23
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.78
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.22
- AU $66.30Trending at AU $74.69
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.87
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.23
About this product
- DescriptionProlate Spheroidal Wave Functions (PSWFs) are the eigenfunctions of the bandlimited operator in one dimension. As such, they play an important role in signal processing, Fourier analysis, and approximation theory. While historically the numerical evaluation of PSWFs presented serious difficulties, the developments of the last fifteen years or so made them as computationally tractable as any other class of special functions. As a result, PSWFs have been becoming a popular computational tool. The present book serves as a complete, self-contained resource for both theory and computation. It will be of interest to a wide range of scientists and engineers, from mathematicians interested in PSWFs as an analytical tool to electrical engineers designing filters and antennas.
- Author BiographyAndrei Osipov is a Professor at Yale University in the Department of Mathematics.Vladimir Rokhlin is a Professor at Yale University in the Department of Computer Science. Hong Xiao is a Professor at University of California, Davis in the Department of Computer Science.
- Author(s)Andrei Osipov,Hong Xiao,Vladimir Rokhlin
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication12/10/2013
- SubjectOther Specific Technologies
- Series TitleApplied Mathematical Sciences
- Series Part/Volume Number187
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note30 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight748 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine22 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.