All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.54
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.40
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $45.32
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.95
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $79.84
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.15
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.10
About this product
- DescriptionThis treatment program adapts the principles of Dr. Foa's proven effective Prolonged Exposure Therapy for adolescents suffering from Posttraumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD.) The treatment program is based on the principles of prolonged exposure and emotional processing for use with those individuals who suffer from PTSD. In vivo and imaginal exposure comprise the core of the treatment, along with breathing retraining and techniques for monitoring progress. The treatment is presented in modules that can be individually tailored to fit the needs of each patient. Because many adolescent PTSD sufferers do not initiate therapy on their own, but are referred to therapy by social workers, parents, or other authority figures, their willingness to participate in their treatment can vary widely. The first element of this treatment, serves to assess the client's attitude, and increase motivation to change. Other modules introduce psychoeducation, real-life exposure, emotional processing, and relapse prevention. This companion workbook provides additional information, monitoring forms, and worksheets to help clients take control of their treatment.
- Author BiographyKelly R. Chrestman is affiliated the with Center for the Treatment and Study of Anxiety at the University of Pennsylvania. Eva Gilboa-Schechtman is affiliated with the Department of Psychology at Bar-Ilan University.
- Author(s)Edna B. Foa,Eva Gilboa-Schechtman,Kelly R. Chrestman
- PublisherOxford University Press Inc
- Date of Publication25/09/2008
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Series TitleTreatments That Work
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOxford University Press Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight328 g
- Width176 mm
- Height253 mm
- Spine12 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.