All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.82Trending at AU $17.35
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $96.38Trending at AU $104.01
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.87
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.50
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.75
- AU $10.20Trending at AU $14.20
About this product
- DescriptionWhen looking for love you sometimes find it...and sometimes you don't! A vel of Love, Betrayal and Revenge, Promises combines coming of age, romance and suspense in a totally satisfying way. Smooth as a sip of Kentucky Bourbon, it eases you into the Appalachian hill country. That wonderfully wild place of mountains and hollows, creeks and rivers, with its hardscrabble life and whiteboard churches where roots go deep, family matters, and Granny Wright is never wrong. A place where King Coal still rules, and beneath its veneer of respectability lies a hidden web of treachery. Mary Jane Combs may have gotten her Momma's good looks, but her strong-willed determination came straight from Daddy. Growing up in Kentucky she dreamed of a simple life with a loving husband, a home of her own, and healthy kids. But fate has some tricks up its sleeve and her life has turned out to be anything but simple. Instead of a housewife, Mary Jane's become an International Supermodel. She's swapped the Appalachian coal country for New York City's Upper West Side, traveling the world in her private jet and staying in the best hotels. Things are going along fine until mystery man, Michael Cole, enters her life. He's an unscrupulous businessman with connections to the Russian Mafia who'll do anything to save his floundering business, including marrying her. When she catches on to what Cole's up to and dumps him, he sets out to destroy her along with everything she's accomplished. Never one to give up without a fight, she circles her wagons and mounts a counter attack. The evidence she needs to bring down her ex-husband remains in their London penthouse. To get it, she decides break in and access his computer files. And that's when things start to get dicey. Cole unexpectedly returns and she suddenly finds herself crouched beneath a desk while he ex seduces ather woman atop it. Throughout her battle two questions remain unanswered. Can she do what needs to be done and still remain true to the promises she made at her mother's deathbed? And when the dust settles, will she at last find the loving relationship she always dreamed of?
- Author BiographyE. G. Lewis was born and raised in Cincinnati, Ohio. He lived, worked, and traveled the back roads of Kentucky's Appalachian hill country for many years. Memories of this wonderfully wild place and its people became the inspiration for his novel PROMISES. A former newspaper editor and publisher, his articles have appeared in many national and regional magazines. He has been a full-time novelist since 2004 and writes both Commerical and Christian Fiction. He is the author of five novels and lives with his wife, also a writer, on the Southern Oregon Coast overlooking the Pacific Ocean.
- Author(s)E G Lewis
- PublisherCape Arago Press
- Date of Publication16/10/2009
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCape Arago Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight440 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.