All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPromoting Diversity and Social Justice provides theories, perspectives, and strategies that are useful for working with adults from privileged groups-those who are in a more powerful position in any given type of oppression. The thoroughly revised edition of this accessible and practical guide offers tools that allow educators to be more reflective and intentional in their work-helping them to consider who they're working with, what they're doing, why they're doing it and how to educate more effectively. New features include: * A new chapter, The Joy of Unlearning Privilege/Oppression, highlights specific ways people from privileged groups benefit from unlearning privilege/oppression and from creating greater equity. * A new chapter, Allies and Action, gives focus and guidance on how people from privileged groups can constructively and appropriately be involved in social change efforts. * Updated Appendix of additional resources. The theories and approaches discussed can be applied to a range of situations and audiences. This book is an excellent resource for professors, diversity trainers, teachers in classrooms and workshops, counselors, organizers, student affairs personnel, community educators, advocates, group facilitators, and any others involved with educating about diversity and equity.
- Author BiographyDiane J. Goodman, Ed.D., is a trainer, college teacher, author, speaker, and consultant on diversity and social justice issues. For more information, see her website: http://www.dianegoodman.com.
- Author(s)Diane J. Goodman
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication28/04/2011
- SubjectAdult & Further Education
- Series TitleTeaching/Learning Social Justice
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note1 black & white line drawings
- Weight317 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.33Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $70.18Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $73.74Trending at AU $76.54
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
- AU $17.67Trending at AU $23.05
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.