All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.11Trending at AU $24.23
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.16
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.95
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.37
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.97
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.45
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.82
About this product
- DescriptionPromoting Literacy Development: 50 Research-Based Strategies for K-8 Learners presents the essential literacy strategies that are used by classroom teachers for teaching reading and writing to children in elementary schools. Intended as a supplement to primary texts that are utilized in the reading methods courses, the proposed book will be used principally in undergraduate and graduate teacher education programs. Reading and English language arts are the primary curricular areas that are the focus of this supplementary text, which provides quick access to the essential instructional literacy strategies.
- Author BiographyPatricia Antonacci is a Professor Emeritus of Education at Iona College. Antonacci entered the teaching profession as a classroom teacher for the middle and elementary grades and continued as a literacy specialist. Her long career in public schools brought her a range of experiences as a teacher at all grade levels including a number of years working in diverse classroom settings. As a reading specialist for K through 12, she assisted teachers in integrating literacy instruction in content areas. Working in a large urban district afforded her rich experiences teaching striving readers and English language learners. Antonacci has taught courses at Fordham University and Iona College including the following: reading in the content areas for middle and secondary grades, foundations of literacy, literacy across the curriculum, action research, as well as mentoring doctoral students in conducting research in literacy education. She has published numerous articles and books including (as coauthors) Antonacci & O'Callaghan, Portraits of Literacy Development: Instruction and Assessment in a Well-Balanced Literacy Program, K-3 (2004); Antonacci & O'Callaghan, A Handbook for Literacy Instruction & Assessment Strategies K-8 (2006), Antonacci & O'Callaghan, Using Children's Literature Across the Curriculum: A Handbook of Instructional Strategies K-8 (2010), Antonacci & O'Callaghan, Promoting Literacy Development K-8 (2012). Catherine O'Callaghan is a professor of Education and Chair of the Education Department at Western Connecticut State University. She entered the teaching profession as a classroom teacher and continued her career as a literacy specialist with teaching experiences that span across the grades. Teaching in New York City within diverse settings afforded her a wide range of teaching experiences. Her doctoral degree from Fordham University in Language and Literacy initiated her research interests in new literacies, critical literacies, teacher education, and intervention plans for helping striving readers and writers. O'Callaghan began working with preservice and inservice teachers at St. Joseph's College in the Child Study Department and as an adjunct at Fordham University. She also taught in the literacy specialist program at Iona College for twelve years before moving on to Western Connecticut State University. She has published numerous articles and books including (as coauthors) Antonacci & O'Callaghan, Portraits of Literacy Development: Instruction and Assessment in a Well-Balanced Literacy Program, K-3 (2004); Antonacci & O'Callaghan, A Handbook for Literacy Instruction & Assessment Strategies K-8 (2006), Antonacci & O'Callaghan, Using Children's Literature Across the Curriculum: A Handbook of Instructional Strategies K-8 (2010), Antonacci & O'Callaghan, Promoting Literacy Development K-8 (2012).
- Author(s)Catherine M. O'Callaghan,Patricia A. Antonacci
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication15/06/2011
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight685 g
- Width215 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.