Promoting Your Music: The Lovin' of the Game by Dick Weissman, Tom May (Paperback, 2007)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $42.84+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.38Trending at AU $49.47
- AU $74.18Trending at AU $76.60
- AU $22.09Trending at AU $23.03
- AU $35.48Trending at AU $39.06
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
- AU $17.57Trending at AU $23.07
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.86
About this product
- DescriptionWhile many dream of a career as a singer/songwriter, few kw how to go about getting bookings, copywrighting and protecting their songs, making promotional recordings, getting radio and print coverage and negotiating contracts for appearances. This book covers all of these topics and more, aimed at everyone from the absolute beginner to the more seasoned performer, to help them avoid the common pitfalls and problems encountered along the road to success. The authors draw on years of experience as songwriters and performers. They have conducted interviews with many singer/songwriters who share their experiences, both good and bad, as they've worked their way up from local gigs to full-time careers. Throughout, practical tips are highlighted and real-life stories help illuminate common issues faced by all performers/songwriters.
- Author BiographyTom May has an over 30 year career as a singer/songwriter, journalist, and radio and TV host. As a performer, he has appeared at major festivals and in local concerts throughout the US, Canada, the UK, Germany, and Belgium. He is producer/host of River City Folk, a radio program heard weekly over 200 radio stations. Dick Weissman taught for twelve years in the Music & Entertainment Industry program at the University of Colorado at Denver, was VP for the Music & Entertainment Industry Educators Association, and has a long-term career as a studio musician, recording artist, songwriter, and record producer. He has written Guitar Tunings and Blues:The Basics for Routledge. His book The Music Industry; Career Opportunities, Self Defense, is currently in its 4th edition.
- Author(s)Dick Weissman,Tom May
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication20/07/2007
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note5 black & white illustrations
- Weight294 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.