Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.93
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.27
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.59
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.47
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.34
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.40
About this product
- DescriptionThis engaging, succinct text is an introduction to both phonetics and phology as applied to the teaching of pronunciation to English language learners. Section 1 selectively covers the main areas of phonetics and phology, without going into any area in more depth than the average English language teacher requires or that the average English language teacher trainee can handle. Section 2 focuses on practical issues related to learners and how they learn languages, and what represents good practice in terms of classroom activities for pronunciation-including aspects such as targets, motivation and priorities. The chapters end with activities to help the reader understand concepts. Section 3 provides invative sample activities which put into practice the theoretical points covered in the first two sections, answers to the various exercises, recommended further reading (both print and n-print), a glossary of technical phonetic terms, and a bibliography of works on pronunciation teaching. The text is accompanied by a Companion Website with audio recordings of model pronunciations and audio material relating to the activities.
- Author BiographyAdam Brown is Head (International Business), Senior lecturer and research committee member, Centre for Research in International Education (CRIE), AIS St Helens, Auckland, New Zealand.
- Author(s)Adam Brown
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication28/03/2014
- SubjectELT Course Materials
- Series TitleESL & Applied Linguistics Professional Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note35 black & white tables
- Weight566 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
Explore Buying Guides
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.