CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.20
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.08
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.02
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.83
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.26
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.87
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.98
About this product
- DescriptionBy the end of the ninth century the Prophet Muhammad had emerged as an incomparable exemplar shared by all Muslim communities. Prophecy and Power offers a rigorous comparative study of both the Prophet Muhammad and the Qur'an. The book ranges across various issues: the comparative study of 'prophecy'; Qur'anic comparison as a modality of change; the Prophet as exemplar and foil; and an experiment in comparison between Muhammad and Alinesitouie.
- Author BiographyMarilyn Robinson Waldman (1943-1996), the last graduate student of Marshall G.S. Hodgson from the University of Chicago, taught at Ohio State University, where she established the Religious Studies Program and also served as Director of the Center for Comparative Studies. Her research covered the areas of Islamic historiography, the history of religions, and comparative humanities. Bruce B. Lawrence is Nancy & Jeffrey Marcus Humanities Professor and Professor of Islamic Studies at Duke University. A specialist in Indo-Persian culture and the comparative study of religious movements, he has authored, co-authored, edited, and co-edited sixteen books. They include translations, monographs and trade books, the most recent being The Qur'an: A Biography (2006) and, with Aisha Karim, On Violence: A Reader (2007).
- Author(s)Marilyn Robinson Waldman
- PublisherEquinox Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication01/09/2013
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Series TitleComparative Islamic Studies
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEquinox Publishing Ltd
- Weight1801 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Edited byBruce B. Lawrence
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.