All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.84
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.31
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.00
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $28.26
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.32
About this product
- DescriptionProphetic Insight explores contentious issues in higher education concerning black students relative to larger society, while providing the competing perspectives needed to understand and evaluate multiculturalism and the diverging exigencies facing the higher education system in America. Ernest N. Bracey invites conversation about the pedagogy of blacks, discusses the current state of Black Studies, the W.E.B. DuBois and Booker T. Washington debate, and Afrocentricity. He invites an appreciation of the beginnings and roots of black education in America, recognizing the debate over affirmative action, and explores the uniqueness of historically black colleges and universities. Most importantly, Bracey provides constructive and analytical information on the necessary methods of examining African American politics and higher education within the context of historical and contemporary issues.
- Author BiographyErnest N. Bracey is Temporary Lecturer in the Department of Public Administration at the University of Nevada Las Vegas and Instructor in the Department of Philosophical and Regional Studies at the Community College of Southern Nevada.
- Author(s)Earnest N. Bracey
- PublisherUniversity Press of America
- Date of Publication01/04/1999
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity Press of America
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight240 g
- Width149 mm
- Height227 mm
- Spine12 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.