All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.82
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.80
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.86
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.95
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.10
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.23
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.31
About this product
- DescriptionThis casebook addresses selected precedent-setting rulings of various international human rights and international criminal courts with a focus on the child victims of international crimes and human rights abuses. The cases are analysed from the children's human rights perspective and the question is examined as to what extent the aforementioned courts are according these children justice. The scope of the book is thus limited to the consideration of these representative important cases concerning violations of (a) international human rights and humanitarian law and (b) international criminal law involving child victims and the judicial remedies accorded or denied these victims and their family members. This is t in any way to diminish the suffering and importance of the adult victims of violations of fundamental human rights and grave international crimes. Rather, the book is intended to deal with the restricted and largely neglected topic of to what extent international courts are attending to the implications of there being child victims with respect to the courts' addressing and handling of, among other matters, the following: (a) the con?rmation of charges relating to child-speci? c international crimes (i. e. recruitment of child soldiers, forced child marriage etc.
- Author BiographySonja C. Grover, Ph.D., is a Professor with Lakehead University, Canada. She has authored 7 books and over 80 refereed articles; over 60 on the topic of human rights published in leading international human rights and law journals, has presented numerous international conference papers and published book chapters in this field. She has also written several books on children's human rights including, Children's Human Rights: Challenging Global Barriers to the Child Liberation Movement (2007); The Child's Right to Legal Standing (2008) and a major reference book, Prosecuting International Crimes and Human Rights Abuses Committed Against Children: Leading International Court Cases (2009).
- Author(s)Sonja C. Grover
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication19/11/2009
- SubjectLaw: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Notebiography
- Weight1656 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine46 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.