All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.95Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- DescriptionFrom cyberbullying to mean girls to school shootings, bullying is a complex and frightening problem confronting parents and children of all ages. This invaluable guide--written by international bullying expert Dr. Allan L. Beane--explains the many ways that bullying can present itself, the harm it can do to your child if igred, and most importantly, what you can do to protect your child. The strategies in this book, which are based on solid research and practice in education, sociology, and psychology, and inspired by the author's personal experience of tragedy, are being used successfully in classrooms around the country as part of the author's Bully Free Program. Protect Your Child from Bullying will show you how to:* Read the tell-tale warning signs that your child is being victimized * Understand the characteristics that make a child an easy target * Tell the difference between rmal conflict and bullying * Take action when your child is the target of bullying * Help prevent cyberbullying * Give your child a solid foundation for dealing with situations that involve bullying * Show your child how to take action as an empowered bystander when others are being mistreated * Help your child develop a strong sense of acceptance and belongingThis is a must-have resource for all parents who want to create a safe and healthy environment for their children.
- Author BiographyAllan L. Beane, Ph.D., a former classroom teacher, is an internationally recognized expert, speaker, and consultant on the subject of bullying with more than 30 years of experience in education. He is also the author of several anti-bullying books and resources, including the bestselling The Bully Free Classroom. For more information, go to www.bullyfree.com.
- Author(s)Allan L. Beane
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication15/02/2008
- SubjectPregnancy & Parenting
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJossey-Bass Inc.,U.S.
- Weight316 g
- Width155 mm
- Height224 mm
- Spine17 mm
Explore Buying Guides
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.