All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionWith the development of Very-Deep Sub-Micron techlogies, process variability is becoming increasingly important and is a very important issue in the design of complex circuits. Process variability is the statistical variation of process parameters, meaning that these parameters do t have always the same value, but become a random variable, with a given mean value and standard deviation. This effect can lead to several issues in digital circuit design. The logical consequence of this parameter variation is that circuit characteristics, as delay and power, also become random variables. Because of the delay variability, t all circuits will w have the same performance, but some will be faster and some slower. However, the slowest circuits may be so slow that they will t be appropriate for sale. On the other hand, the fastest circuits that could be sold for a higher price can be very leaky, and also t very appropriate for sale. A main consequence of power variability is that the power consumption of some circuits will be different than expected, reducing reliability, average life expectancy and warranty of products. Sometimes the circuits will t work at all, due to reasons associated with process variations. At the end, these effects result in lower yield and lower profitability. To understand these effects, it is necessary to study the consequences of variability in several aspects of circuit design, like logic gates, storage elements, clock distribution, and any other that can be affected by process variations. The main focus of this book will be storage elements.
- Author(s)Gilson Wirth,Gustavo Neuberger,Ricardo Reis
- Date of Publication23/08/2016
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationDordrecht
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- Content Note25 black & white illustrations, 51 colour illustrations, 23 black & white tables, biography
- Weight197 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 2014
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.