All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $35.30Trending at AU $38.10
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.98
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.38
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.99
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.48
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.92
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.14
About this product
- DescriptionDeveloping common or complementary approaches to what Europeans call societal security and what Americans call homeland security is a major priority for the transatlantic community in 21st century. Threats such as terrorism, proliferation of weapons of mass destruction, regional conflict, state failure, and organized crime require a committed transatlantic partnership in order to be successful. Five European country case studies are offered here, along with implications for the United States. This book is the result of a collaborative effort between the Center for Transatlantic Relations and Johns Hopkins University SAIS in Washington, D.C., the Swiss Center for Security Studies at ETH Zurich; and Crismart at the Swedish National Defence College. Contributors include Axel Hagelstam (National Emergency Supply Agency, Finland), Stein Hendriksen (Norwegian Directorate of Civil Protection and Emergency Planning), Jan-Philipp Kessler (Swiss Federal Institute of Techlogy), Jan Metzger (Zurich State Department of Ecomy), Thomas Pankratz (Austrian Ministry of Defense), and Anu Sallinen (Finnish Defense Staff).
- Author BiographyDaniel S. Hamilton is the Richard von Weizsacker Professor and director of the SAIS Center for Transatlantic Relations, Johns Hopkins University. He also serves as the director of the American Consortium for EU Studies in Washington, DC. Bengt Sundelius is chief scientist of the Swedish Emergency Management Agency and professor of government, Uppsala University. He is the founding director of the National Center for Crisis Management Research & Training (Crismart) of the Swedish National Defense College. Jesper Gronvall is a senior analyst at the Swedish Institute of International Affairs and a visiting fellow at the Center for Transatlantic Relations.
- PublisherCentre for Transatlantic Relations: Johns Hopkins University
- Date of Publication10/01/2006
- SubjectInternational Relations
- Place of PublicationWashington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCentre for Transatlantic Relations: Johns Hopkins University
- Weight16 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edited byBengt Sundelius,Daniel S. Hamilton,Jesper Gronval
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.