All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.69Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $20.38Trending at AU $26.08
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.18
About this product
- DescriptionThis guide gives essential advice and insights to humanitarian practitioners who are involved in providing safety and protecting vulnerable people in war and disaster. It provides a framework for responsibility and action, which helps clarify conceptual issues and helps humanitarian field workers position themselves vis-a-vis other actors who have overlapping mandates. A practical schema is also presented, which gives practical advice on how to think through the various elements of protection focused programming in four clear steps: assessment; programme design; implementation: monitoring and evaluation. The guide also outlines key principles of best practice for protection-focused humanitarian work.
- Author BiographyDr Hugo Slim is a leading international academic in humanitarian studies. His work has a particular focus on the ethics of war, the protection of civilians and the morality and practice of humanitarian action.
- Author(s)Andrew Bonwick,Hugo Slim
- PublisherOxfam Publishing
- Date of Publication01/04/2006
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxfam Professional
- Weight272 g
- Width210 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine7 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.