All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.54
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.40
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $45.32
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.95
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $79.84
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.15
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.10
About this product
- DescriptionA True Insider's Guide to the Field - Then and Now Until w, there has t been a book that effectively addresses the historical basis of protein discovery. Featuring contributions from a distinguished international panel of experts, Protein Discovery Techlogies elucidates the principles, techniques, strategies, and broad range of applications of protein discovery by documenting the often untold stories and personal accounts of the contributors' past scientific achievements. Incorporates Short, Personal Discovery Vignettes Rather than an exhaustive field analysis, this globally pertinent resource presents in-depth discussions of various methods for protein discovery, including bioinformatics, interaction cloning, protein purification, phage display, n-primate models, and chemical targeting. It also explores biological themes through the examination of cell death, angiogenesis, hemostasis, development, signal transduction, transcriptional control, cell cycle control, neurobiology, and quality control. This readily accessible resource discusses an array of interesting topics, including: * Tumor necrosis factors * The origin of interferon as an angiogenesis inhibitor *In vivo combinatorial mapping of vascular zip codes * Extracellular matrix degradome as regulators of angiogenesis and tumor growth * A matricellular protein prototype * The use of RING finger proteins as E3 Ubiquitin Ligases Whereas most books tend to be more specialized, this book contains a broad view of the protein discoveries in many different fields, making Protein Discovery Techlogies a valuable reference for today's researchers, both the new and more seasoned, who are seeking a newfound perspective or a deeper understanding of this exciting field. Daniel E. Levy, editor of the Drug Discovery Series, is the founder of DEL BioPharma, a consulting service for drug discovery programs. He also maintains a blog that explores organic chemistry.
- Author BiographyRenata Pasqualini, Ph.D., is the Buchanan & Seeger Professor of Medicine and Cancer Biology at The University of Texas M. D. Anderson Cancer Center. She is an internationally recognized expert in vascular biology, metastasis, and angiogenesis. Dr. Pasqualini originally co-developed in vivo phage display, which enables combinatorial mapping of tissue and disease-specific molecular addresses in vivo, allowing for the development of ligand-directed targeted delivery of therapeutic and imaging agents. Wadih Arap, M.D., Ph.D., is the Stringer Professor of Medicine and Cancer Biology and serves as an Attending Physician and Deputy Chairman of the Department of Genitourinary Medical Oncology at The University of Texas M. D. Anderson Cancer Center. He is also a member of the Board of Scientific Counselors of the National Cancer Institute.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication21/07/2009
- SubjectIndustrial Chemistry & Manufacturing
- Series TitleDrug Discovery Series
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 12
- Place of PublicationBosa Roca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCRC Press Inc
- Content Note35 black & white illustrations, 6 colour illustrations, 9 black & white tables
- Weight612 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byGuy Salvesen,Renata Pasqualini,Vishva Dixit,Wadih Arap
- Series Edited byAndrew Carmen
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.