All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
- AU $21.88Trending at AU $34.44
- AU $30.12Trending at AU $32.49
- AU $20.37Trending at AU $22.08
About this product
- DescriptionInvestigation of the pharmacokinetics and metabolism of human proteins has escalated over the last two decades because of the use of recombinant human proteins as therapeutic agents. In addition, the development and improvement of analytical techniques enabling the detection of minute quantities of proteins in biological matrices have aided this process. In assembling this volume, we sought to provide a state-of-the-art as- sessment of the pharmacokinetics and metabolism of protein therapeutics through complete reviews of selected examples. A comprehensive review of all protein therapeutics was t attempted; the majority -of the therapeutic protein classes and crucial scientific issues have been addressed, however. Therefore, we are confident that this volume will provide a useful reference for scientists in this field. The volume has been divided into two general parts. The first part (Chapters 1-3) is composed of general reviews of topics of importance in pharmacokinetic/metabolism studies of proteins: goals and analytical meth- odologies, effects of binding proteins, and effects of antibody induction, respectively. The second part (Chapters 4-8) consists of specific, detailed reviews by therapeutic protein class: growth factors and hormones, cyto- kines, cardiovascular proteins, hematopoietic proteins, and antibodies, respectively. The editors are grateful to the contributors for the patience, personal sacrifice and perseverance required to complete this volume. BoDDE L. FERRAIOLO MARJORIE A. MOHLER CAROL A. GLOFF ix Contents Chapter 1 Goals and Analytical Methodologies for Protein Disposition Studies Bobbe L. Ferraiolo and Marjorie A. Mohler 1. Introduction ...
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication02/06/2013
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Series TitlePharmaceutical Biotechnology
- Series Part/Volume Number1
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight413 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byBobbe L. Ferraiolo,Carol A. Gloff,Marjorie A. Mohler
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1992
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.