All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.15
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.64
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.68
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.42
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.63
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $89.41
- AU $86.99Trending at AU $97.42
About this product
- DescriptionThe book addresses the most recent developments in structural and functional proteomics underlying the recent contributions given in these areas by our laboratory to the instrumentations, the methods and the procedures as mutuated from the nascale sciences and techlogies. These developments introduced in the last few years make w possible protein massive identification (mass spectrometry and biomolecular arrays down to naamounts) and protein structural characterization in solution and in crystals down to the atomic scale to an extent and to a degree so far unmatched. Emphasis is placed in the growth by nabiofilm template of protein crystals of any type and size from millimeter to micron, leading in combination with microfocus synchrotron techlogy and atomic force microscopy to the definition of a new field called nacrystallography. The few useful examples being shown, concerning yet structurally unsolved proteins, point this very promising approach natechlogy-based in structural proteomics using highly focused X-rays. This has t to be confused with the important study of nacrystals, both organic and irganic, and vel diamond like nacomposite materials and devices having 3D protein crystals as matrices to be equilibrated with naparticles/gold/silver to be utilized in the most diversified electronic applications here also summarized. vii Ackwledgments We are particularly grateful to Giuseppe Zatti at the University of Padova for his fundamental collaboration during all the crystallographic studies.
- Author(s)Claudio A. Nicolini,Eugenia Pechkova
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication14/09/2012
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note109 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight326 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 2003
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.