All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.52
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.39
- AU $16.66Trending at AU $30.84
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $79.81
- AU $32.98Trending at AU $39.85
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.14
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume investigates the relationship between protest, repression and political regimes in Latin America and sub-Saharan Africa. Considering how different political regimes use repression and respond to popular protest, this book analyzes the relationship between protest and repression in Africa and Latin America between the late 1970s and the beginning of the twenty first century. Drawing on theories, multi-method empirical analyses and case studies, the author of this volume sets out to investigate the reciprocal dynamics between protest and repression. Distinctive features of this volume include: * quantitative analyses that highlight general trends in the protest-repression relationship * case studies of different political regimes in Chile and Nigeria, emphasising the dynamics at the micro-level * an emphasis on the importance of full democratization in order to reduce the risk, and intensity, of intra-state conflict Focusing on political regimes in different areas of the world, Protest, Repression and Political Regimes will be of vital interest to students and scholars of conflict studies, human rights and social movements.
- Author BiographySabine C. Carey is Associate Professor and Reader in Political Science and Co-Director of the Centre for International Crisis Management and Conflict Resolution, University of Nottingham. She is also Senior Researcher at the Centre for the Study of Civil War at the International Peace Research Institute, Oslo, and her research interests include conflict processes, human rights violations and democratization.
- Author(s)Sabine C. Carey
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication16/12/2008
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Series TitleSecurity and Governance
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note20 black & white illustrations, 15 black & white tables, 20 black & white line drawings
- Weight385 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.