All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhat is at the heart of Proverbs, Ecclesiastes and the Song of Songs? A desire for life lived fully and well: life lived wisely; life lived purposefully; life lived in loving, joyful partnership with God and others. At the centre of this abundant life must be God, for it is he that desires all good things for us, his shalom - harmony, wholeness, health and peace. The wise sayings of Proverbs and Ecclesiastes, and the rich and sensual love poetry of the Song of Songs remind us what it is to conduct ourselves with wisdom, without folly and futility, in the kwledge that we are deeply loved. Using personal anecdote, a witty and lively style, and drawing on his considerable theological kwledge, John Goldingay takes us deep into the unfolding story of the Old Testament.
- Author BiographyJohn Goldingay is the David Allan Hubbard Professor of Old Testament in the School of Theology at the Fuller Theological Seminary in the USA. Prior to joining Fuller, he was principal and a lecturer in Old Testament and Hebrew at St John's Theological College, Nottingham. His published titles include Old Testament Theology (three volumes) and commentaries on Daniel, Isaiah, and Psalms. As well as being a member of the Society of Biblical Literature, he serves on the editorial board for the Library of Hebrew Bible/Old Testament Studies.
- Author(s)John Goldingay
- PublisherSPCK Publishing
- Date of Publication20/11/2014
- SubjectChristianity: Bibles & Liturgy
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSPCK Publishing
- Width129 mm
- Height190 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.52
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.39
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $79.81
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.14
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.09
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.44
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.