All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis addition to Sheffield's acclaimed Old Testament Guides series introduces students t only to Proverbs but also to the genre of 'wisdom literature' in general (dealing with such questions as the origin and location of 'wisdom' in ancient Israel). Martin discusses the structure of the book of Proverbs as a whole, provides a guided reading to the more or less sustained discourses in chapters 1-9 and to the collections of proverb-type sentences in the remaining chapters, and considers the relationship of Proverbs to other ancient Near Eastern literature. The Guide is completed by essays on 'The Feminine in the Book of Proverbs' and 'Wisdom and Theology'.
- Author(s)James D. Martin
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication11/01/1995
- SubjectChristian History & Denominations
- Series TitleOld Testament Guides S.
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSheffield Academic Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight133 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $72.68
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $98.73
- AU $36.78Trending at AU $37.91
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.33
- AU $33.33Trending at AU $36.03
- AU $25.08Trending at AU $33.69
- AU $19.84Trending at AU $28.46
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.