All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $46.34Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $34.30
About this product
- Description<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC -//W3C//DTD HTML 3.2//EN > A pioneering study, written in clear and forceful prose, this is the untold story of the New Brunswick Federation of Labour and the provincial labour solidarities that succeeded in overcoming divisions and defeats to raise the status of working men and women within New Brunswick society. Drawing on archives, newspapers, and workers' own descriptions of their experiences, Frank makes an original contribution to our understanding of the political, ecomic, and social development of the province. In so doing, he helps meet the need for an informed public awareness of the history of workers and unions in all parts of Canada.
- Author Biography<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC -//W3C//DTD HTML 3.2//EN > David Frank teaches Canadian history at the University of New Brunswick in Fredericton. A former editor of the journal of Atlantic regional history, Acadiensis, he has published numerous studies in Canadian history, including Labour Landmarks in New Brunswick / Lieux historiques ouvriers au Nouveau-Brunswick (with Nicole Lang). His classic study of Cape Breton coal miners, J. B. McLachlan: A Biography, received several historical and literary awards, including the 1999 Dartmouth Book Award (Non-Fiction) and, in 2000, the John W. Dafoe Book Prize.
- Author(s)David Frank
- PublisherAU Press
- Date of Publication15/05/2013
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Series TitleWorking Canadians: Books from the CCLH
- Place of PublicationEDMONTON
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintAU Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight499 g
- Width166 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.