All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe bibliography provides information about the presence and distribution of plants and animals in cities throughout Europe. It will be of considerable interest to and should be used by a wide range of people including academics, researchers, librarians, school teachers, and people with a general interest in the natural history of cities. The bibliography is an important tool for the professions involved in the planning, design and management of high quality urban developments, including biologists, architects, urban designers, planners, consultants, medics., sociologists, engineers, politicians, landscape architects, building surveyors, agromists and landscape managers.
- Author BiographyJohn G Kelcey is not an academic but a practitioner of the art of managing natural resources. After graduating in Botany and Geology from the University of Manchester, Britain, he was appointed the ecologist and eventually also the Linear Parks Manager of the new city of Milton Keynes, the first such appointment in Britain. Subsequently he became an ecological consultant and advisor and carried out ecological assessements of major development projects mainly in urban areas, including roads, housing, commercial and retail developments and the provision of recreational facilities such as golf courses. He also prepared management plans, habitat creation schemes and supervised their implementation and has acted as a Resident Engineer. During this time he was a member of nine professional institutions and several learned societies throughout Europe. John Kelcey became interested in the natural history and geology of Europe in the early 1970s and has travelled extensively throughout Europe since that time. He has visited, worked in or lived in virtually all of the cities mentioned in the bibliography and many more besides to study their natural history and the arts and sciences of their countries.
- Author(s)John G. Kelcey
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication24/06/2016
- SubjectLife Sciences: Zoology
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note3 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight244 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine8 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.88
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.15
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $15.66
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.21
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.08
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.20
- AU $30.32Trending at AU $31.91
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.