All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $72.53
- AU $92.82Trending at AU $103.78
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.72
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $22.68
- AU $30.11Trending at AU $36.16
- AU $15.63Trending at AU $22.29
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $18.37
About this product
- DescriptionOctober, 1948. Former OSS agent Hal Schroeder gets an invitation to Washington D.C. from Frank Wisner, who heads the CIA's new covert ops division. Hal is whisked off to Wisner's Maryland shore retreat and introduced to a brace of Romanian royals, including the scarily beautiful Princess Stela Varadja, a direct descendant of Vlad Tepes Draculea. Then Frank Wisner pops the question. Would Hal consider parachuting into a remote mountain camp to meet with the leader of a group of Romanian anti-Communist guerillas? Hal had already survived two previous suicide missions and a third did t appeal. But he told Frank Wisner he would need a few days to think it over and had some sightseeing to do. As it turns out, Hal gets to do a lot more sightseeing than he bargained for. Proxy Assassin is a journey that brings the American Spy Trilogy to a surprising, and emotional, conclusion.
- Author BiographyJohn Knoerle was born in Cleveland, Ohio, in 1949 and migrated to California with his family in the 1960s. He has worked as a stand-up comic, a voiceover actor, and a radio reporter. He wrote the screenplay for Quiet Fire, which starred Karen Black and Lawrence Hilton Jacobs, and the stage play The He-Man Woman Hater's Club, an LA Time's Critics Choice. He also worked as a writer for Garrison Keillor's A Prairie Home Companion. His first novel, Crystal Meth Cowboys, published in 2003, was optioned by Fox TV. His second novel, The Violin Player, won the Mayhaven Award for fiction. He is currently at work on the American Spy Trilogy. Book One, A Pure Double Cross, came out in 2008. Book Two, A Despicable Profession, was published in August of 2010.
- Author(s)John Knoerle
- PublisherBlue Steel Press
- Date of Publication01/09/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Series TitleAmerican Spy Trilogy
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBlue Steel Press
- Weight358 g
- Width140 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.