All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSome comments on the first publication in 2003: There is a sea change afoot in contemporary psychoanalysis and this brilliant volume is a manifesto of it. When brain science and clinical psychoanalysis are put on exactly equal conceptual footing fascinating possibilities emerge with an intoxicating clarity. Fred Levin's remarkable volume makes evident how psychoanalysis is thinking its way into the future. Psychoanalysis has collected a virtual Tower of Babel of facts. Levin artfully rearranges this vast material, offering a glimpse into a theoretical integration only dreamed of a few years ago. Arld Wilson, Ph.D., Professor of Psychology, Seton Hall University, New Jersey; Faculty, Columbia Center for Psychoanalytic Training and Research, New York. This book provides a coherent, entirely readable account of an exciting new area of research regarding brain science and psychoanalysis. Comprehensive and groundbreaking, accessible to clinicain and scientists alike, Fred Levin's volume will become essential reading for anyone seriously concerned with the foundations of psychoanalysis. His study of neurobiology and human behavior places both on equal footing while respecting the fundamental dignity of the patient in the clinical situation. Bertram J. Cohler, Ph.D., William Rainey Harper Professor of Human Development, the University of Chicago.
- Author BiographyFred Levin is Associate Professor of Clinical Psychiatry, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago and Evanston, Illinois. He is a member of the International Psychoanalytic Association; the American Psychoanalytic Association; the American Psychiatric Association (life fellow); American College of Psychoanalysts (honorary organization, Past President, and fellow) and several other organizations in Europe and Japan. He has contributed to nearly 100 publications and written a number of books, including 'Mapping the Mind', 'Psyche and Brain: The Biology of Talking Cures' and 'Emotion and the Psychodynamics of the Cerebellum: A Neuro-Psychoanalytic Analysis and Synthesis'.
- Author(s)Fred M. Levin
- PublisherKarnac Books
- Date of Publication30/06/2011
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintKarnac Books
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight517 g
- Width147 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.31Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $31.02
- AU $70.08Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $74.38Trending at AU $76.94
- AU $35.43Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.