All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.82Trending at AU $7.34
- AU $63.09Trending at AU $76.70
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.84Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $17.56Trending at AU $22.92
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.38
About this product
- DescriptionNew high throughput techniques in neuroscience and psychiatry have enhanced the development of experimental, customizable animal models that are predictive of human neuropsychiatric pathology and give vital insights on the mechanisms and pathways involved. In Psychiatric Disorders: Methods and Protocols, key experts have written integrated chapters on neuropsychiatric research sharing their insightful expertise and opinions focusing on both the animal models as well as the cutting edge techniques applied. Beginning with an overview of the animal research in psychiatric illness and substance abuse, this comprehensive volume continues with the modeling of neuropsychiatric illness, drug abuse paradigms and techniques, biomarker identification, autoimmune inflammatory response, and neuroendocrine alteration in the areas of psychiatry, as well as state-of-the-art Omics approaches and neurosystems biology/data mining techniques to compute and analyze gemic and proteomics alteration occurring within neuropsychiatric models. As a part of the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology(TM) series, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding kwn pitfalls. Thorough and easily applicable, Psychiatric Disorders: Methods and Protocols offers the detailed and clearly illustrated tools necessary for neuroscientists and psychiatrists to handle many unanswered scientific questions with a more creative and insightful approach.
- PublisherHumana Press Inc.
- Date of Publication10/01/2012
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Series TitleMethods in Molecular Biology
- Series Part/Volume Number829
- Place of PublicationTotowa, NJ
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHumana Press Inc.
- Content Note21 black & white tables, biography
- Weight1369 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine34 mm
- Edited byFiras H. Kobeissy
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
- Edition Statement2012
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.