All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn Psychiatric Power, the fourth volume in the collection of his groundbreaking lectures at the College de France, Michel Foucault addresses and expands upon the ideas in his seminal Madness and Civilization, sketching the genealogy of psychiatry and of its characteristic form of power/kwledge. Madness and Civilization undertook the archeology of the division according to which, in Western Society, the madman found himself separated from the sane. That book ends with the medicalization of madness at the beginning of the nineteenth century. Psychiatric Power continues this discourse up to the end of the nineteenth century, and the double depsychiatrization of madness, w dispersed between the neurologist and the psychoanalyst. Presented in a conversational tone, Psychiatric Power brings fresh access and light to the work of one of the past century's preeminent thinkers.
- Author BiographyMICHEL FOUCAULT, acknowledged as the preeminent philosopher of France in the 1970s and 1980s, continues to have enormous impact throughout the world in many disciplines.
- Author(s)Michel Foucault
- PublisherSt Martin's Press
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Series TitleLectures at the College de France
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSt Martin's Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight476 g
- Width137 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edited byAlessandro Fontana,Francois Ewald,Jacques Lagrange,Professor of Philosophy Arnold I Davidson
- Translated byGraham Burchell
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.38Trending at AU $49.47
- AU $74.30Trending at AU $76.60
- AU $22.10Trending at AU $23.03
- AU $35.49Trending at AU $39.06
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
- AU $17.58Trending at AU $23.07
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $38.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.