All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.11
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.45
- AU $31.43Trending at AU $36.86
- AU $30.95Trending at AU $34.21
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.82
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.28
- AU $18.81Trending at AU $22.17
About this product
- DescriptionWith 2,000 religious deminations and nearly 500,000 churches and temples in the United States, the Bible is t only doctrinally confusing, but behaviorally confusing, too. Is it a sin to drink alcohol? Will prayer cure the sick? Is homosexuality an abomination? Why is celibacy so highly valued? Do belief and feminism mix? How should the Passion be interpreted? In this enlightening and entertaining work, Armando Favazza, a world-rewned psychiatrist specializing in culture and society, explores these and other questions and examines the impact of the Bible on behavior through time and space--from the Holy Book's gradual formation thousands of years ago to the present day. This is an indispensable work for all those interested in better understanding the foundations of society's--and perhaps even their own--beliefs and behaviors, and is a thought-provoking read for those t afraid to inform their faith.
- Author BiographyArmando Favazza is professor of psychiatry at the University of Missouri-Columbia Medical School and internationally renowned for his work on culture and psychiatry. His previous book, Bodies Under Siege, is considered a classic in the field.
- Author(s)Armando R. Favazza
- PublisherPitchstone LLC
- Date of Publication01/10/2003
- SubjectChristianity: Bibles & Liturgy
- Place of PublicationDurham
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPitchstone LLC
- Weight739 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine27 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.