All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $73.29
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.81
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $70.75
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.44
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.95
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $58.60
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.55
About this product
- DescriptionPsychodynamic Concepts in General Psychiatry brings together 37 nationally recognized psychodynamic psychiatrists who discuss in detail their understanding of how to work with specific types of patients. Separate chapters on clinical syndromes, including some of the most challenging that psychiatrists encounter -- for example, in self-destructive, posttraumatic, and abused patients -- provide both a historical review of dynamic perspectives and a detailed discussion of differential diagsis and treatment selection for each disorder. Extensive clinical examples illustrating the underlying psychodynamic conflicts of patients with these disorders are presented as well. Also addressed in this volume are the psychological aspects of the settings in which therapy is practiced and the ways in which those settings affect both the psychiatrist and the patient. The final section contains chapters on current topics of particular relevance: the psychology of prescribing and taking medication, the meaning and impact of interruptions in treatment, and the provocative findings of new outcome research and cost-offset studies. The book closes with a recommended curriculum for training in psyschodynamic psychiatry.
- Author BiographyHarvey J. Schwartz, M.D., is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry at Jefferson Medical College, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, where he was the Director of Residency Education for 10 years. He is also a member of the Philadelphia Association of Psychoanalysis. Dr. Schwartz is the editor of Psychotherapy of the Combat Veteran and Bulimia: Psychoanalytic Treatment Therapy and is the coeditor of Illness in the Analyst: Implications for the Treatment Relationship. Dr. Schwartz is in private practice of psychoanalysis and psychotherapy in Philadelphia. Efrain Bleiberg, M.D., is the Executive Vice President and Chief of Staff of The Menninger Clinic, Topeka, Kansas and is a training supervising analyst in the Topeka Institute for Psychoanalysis. Dr. Bleiberg was included in Good Housekeeping magazines 1993 list of the nation's best mental health experts. Sidney Weissman, M.D., is Professor of Psychiatry at the Stritch School of Medicine, Loyola University of Chicago, where he also serves as Director of Ourpatient and Emergency Psychiatry. He is graduate of the institute of Psychoanalysis of Chicago and has taught in the Institute's postgradudate program. He is past President of the American Association of Director of Residency Training and presently serves as President of the American Board of Adolescent Psychiatry.
- PublisherAmerican Psychiatric Association Publishing
- Date of Publication01/05/1995
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationVA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAmerican Psychiatric Press Inc.
- Weight839 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine40 mm
- Edited byEfrain Bleiberg,Harvey J. Schwartz,Sidney H. Weissman
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.