All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $30.21Trending at AU $34.60
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $23.42
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
About this product
- DescriptionYou've just been told that those seizures you've been having for months or years and that have been making a mess of your life aren't actually due to epilepsy and that instead they are caused by psychological stress. Maybe you're discharged from the hospital by your neurologist with a name and a number of a mental health professional who can start treating you, but too often you leave the hospital with thing other than the name of your disorder: psychogenic n-epileptic seizures. When you search for information and professional help, it's terribly hard to find. This book is directed at patients, loved ones and mental health professionals and is an invaluable resource that explains the elements that make up PNES, provides the necessary tools to begin achieving real changes in behavior, thoughts and emotions, and guidelines to live a life that is healthy, safe and good in quality. Psychogenic n-Epileptic Seizures: A Guide will equip you with essential kwledge about this condition and provide you with tools that will help you take charge of your PNES.
- Author BiographyLorna Myers, Ph.D. has extensive knowledge of the diagnosis and treatment of Psychogenic Non-Epileptic Seizures (PNES) as a clinical psychologist and neuropsychologist practicing for over ten years. She is the Director the PNES Treatment Program and the Clinical Neuropsychology Program at the Northeast Regional Epilepsy Group. She has published articles about PNES in peer-reviewed journals and in many psychology bulletins. She gives lectures to patients and to healthcare providers nationally and internationally on this disorder.
- Author(s)Lorna Myers Ph D
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication25/01/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectFamily & Health: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight268 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.