CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.09
- AU $46.36Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- DescriptionThis textbook attempts to fill the gap regarding treatment strategies and housing options for clients diagsed with psychogenic polydipsia. This potentially lethal affliction of over-consuming any/all fluids is usually identified as a co-occurrent disorder. It has been estimated that 80% of clients diagsed with psychogenic polydipsia have schizophrenia. The prevalence ofhabituated over-consumption of any/all fluids in state psychiatric hospitals in the United States has been estimated between 7%-18% and about half of this population suffer from complications of self induced water intoxication (SIWI). It is the author's opinion that tertiary residential treatment programs may include community-based facilities for this clinical population. A primary theme throughout the book is that tertiary care does t necessarily require inpatient settings, provided appropriate community-based services are adequately staffed by professionals with an expertise in treating a co-occurrent disorder. The book entails five chapters: Chapter One: Designing a Residential Continuum For Clients Diagsed with Psychogenic Polydipsia; Chapter Two: A comparison of Treatment Programs For Psychogenic Polydipsia; Chapter Three: Behavioral Management Principles and Procedures: Staff Training Document (Modules 1-6); Chapter Four: Psychosocial Rehabilitation as it Pertains to Psychogenic Polydipsia; Chapter Five: Residential Settings: A Continuum of Care for Clients Diagsed with Psychogenic Polydipsia.
- Author(s)Don Hutcheon
- PublisherAmerican College of Forensic Examiners Int.
- Date of Publication10/02/2012
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAmerican College of Forensic Examiners Int.
- Weight603 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.