All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $25.79Trending at AU $26.18
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $19.99Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.18
About this product
- DescriptionAt a time when religious fundamentalism is having a huge impact upon the world, this book helps us to understand how people acquire, conceptualise and practise religion at both personal and social levels. At a time when religious fundamentalism is having a huge impact upon the world, this book helps us to understand how people acquire, conceptualise and practise religion at both personal and social levels. * Explores religion both as a social phemen and as a form of inner experience. * Explains why people believe what they do. * Looks at the effects of religious and spiritual belief upon behaviour, and upon physical and psychological health. * Outlines the various approaches to religious and spiritual experience. * Surveys all relevant research.
- Author BiographyDavid Fontana is a Chartered Psychologist and a Chartered Counselling Psychologist. He is a Fellow of the British Psychological Society, and was Founding Chairman of the Society's Transpersonal Psychology Section. He holds a Ph.D. in Psychology, together with a number of other degrees and professional qualifications, and is currently Distinguished Visiting Fellow at Cardiff University and Visiting Professor of Transpersonal Psychology at Liverpool John Moores University. He has written widely on the psychology of spirituality and on the traditions and practices of the major Eastern and Western psycho--spiritual traditions. His 23 books are translated into 26 languages.
- Author(s)David Fontana
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication03/03/2003
- SubjectReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBPS Blackwell
- Content Note1
- Weight532 g
- Width168 mm
- Height238 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.