All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe third edition of this popular book examines the role of psychology in informing adult education practice and has been fully updated to reflect the effect of changes in the structure of society, globalisation, techlogy and the impact of postmodernism. It explores the traditions of key psychological theories and discusses issues and problems in applying them to an understanding of adult learning and development. It also examines the formation of identities and places increased emphasis on what it means to be a lifelong learner. Dealing with adult learning in a variety of contexts, the topics considered include: * humanistic psychology * self directed learners * psychoanalytic approaches * the formation of identities * development of intelligence * learning styles * behaviourism * group dynamics and group facilitators * critical awareness.
- Author BiographyShort... Mark Tennant is Professor of Adult Education and Dean of the University Graduate School at the University of Technology, Sydney. Long...Mark Tennant is Professor of Adult Education and Dean of the University Graduate School at the University of Technology, Sydney. His academic focus has been on developing a critical understanding of psychology in its application to pedagogy, with an emphasis on adult education contexts. Previous visiting posts include Eighth Annual Visiting Distinguished Professor in Adult Education, School of Education, University of Alaska, Anchorage, Visiting Professor (Summer School), Department of Continuing Education, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada, and Visiting Professor, Centre for Research and Development in Higher Education, Hokkaido University, Sapporo, Japan. He has also won the Cyril O. Houle Award for Literature in Adult Education, which is an international award conferred each year under the auspices of the American Association of Adult and Continuing Education, and the Award for Excellence in Teaching, University of Technology Sydney, 1992.
- Author(s)Mark Tennant
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication29/09/2005
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note13 black & white tables, 4 black & white line drawings
- Weight278 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.48
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.31
- AU $36.78Trending at AU $38.13
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.65
- AU $33.33Trending at AU $36.24
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.49
- AU $23.12Trending at AU $33.89
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.