All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $46.35Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $34.30
About this product
- DescriptionThis book surveys the major theoretical positions in the psychology of religion. William James, Sigmund Freud, Carl Jung, Gordon Allport, Abraham Maslow, Erich Fromm, Alan Watts, and Viktor Frankl are each accorded an entire chapter. A chapter is devoted to such further developments in the field as the investigation of the God-image by object relations theorists and the empirical scaling of religiousness. In this new edition, three additional chapters consider in turn the feminist psychology of religion, neuroscience and religion, and the evolutionary psychology of religion. This book, thus seen as both wide-ranging and current, offers illuminating and in-depth coverage of major theorists and approaches. While its breadth makes it an excellent place to begin an exploration of the psychology of religion, its depth and detail provide the opportunity for a serious and rewarding immersion in the field.
- Author BiographyAndrew R. Fuller, Ph.D. is professor emeritus at The College of Staten Island, The City University of New York.
- Author(s)Andrew Reid Fuller
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication27/11/2007
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Publishers
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight562 g
- Width154 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.