All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $92.76
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.73
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.60
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $51.92
- AU $78.77Trending at AU $115.92
- AU $34.28Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.71
About this product
- DescriptionThe new edition of this best-selling text continues to provide a general, wide-ranging introduction to psychology which is unique in the way that it explains psychological concepts in relation to people's behaviour and their everyday lives. Many of the key areas in contemporary psychology are covered to whet the appetites of students new to psychology, and the book provides an excellent grounding in key areas. All-new changes for this edition include: * Increased conciseness in writing style and structure; * Improved design, and better and more illustrations; * Three brand new chapters, covering the brain, health psychology and careers in psychology; * Regular 'methodology' boxes, aimed at opening up and demystifying this complex area; * Combination and re-ordering of topics to enable a smoother transition between chapters; * More in-chapter exercises to illustrate or develop specific themes. * More examples from everyday life to give real-life relevance to psychological research; * Fully referenced material, without the text itself being hindered by long lists of authors; all references are listed by chapter at the end of the book. A lively, informative and accessible read, Psychology and You is the perfect taster for students new to psychology.
- Author BiographyJulia C. Berryman is a Chartered Psychologist, and Senior Lecturer in Psychology at the University of Leicester. Elizabeth M. Ockleford is at the Department of Health Sciences and is Honorary Lecturer in Psychology, University of Leicester, and Associate Lecturer at the Open University. She is a Chartered Psychologist. Kevin Howells is a Chartered Clinical and Forensic Psychologist, and Professor in the School of Community Health Sciences at the University of Nottingham. David J. Hargreaves is Professor of Education at Roehampton University. Diane J. Wildbur is a Chartered Psychologist, and Lecturer in Psychology at De Montfort University, Leicester.
- Author(s)David J. Hargreaves,Diane J. Wildbur,Elizabeth M. Ockleford,Julia C. Berryman,Kevin Howells
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication05/12/2006
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBlackwell Publishing Ltd
- Content Note42 illustrations
- Weight478 g
- Width173 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.